Want to see what we bought for this week’s $70 grocery budget? I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
For live updates, be sure to follow my Instagram Stories. See all posts on my $70 Grocery Budget here.
I’ve been finding a LOT of random markdowns at Kroger recently, so my shopping trips this week were mostly made up of those!
Kroger Shopping Trip #1
- Kroger Eggs — marked down to $1.29
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread — marked down to $1.29
- 2 cans of canned Pineapple — marked down to $0.49 each
- JIF peanut butter — marked down to $0.99 each
- Kettle cooked chips — marked down to $0.79
- Kroger sour cream — $1.39
- Deli chicken — marked down to $2.39
- Elbow macaroni — marked down to $0.39
- 1 bag of peppers/squash — marked down to $0.99
- Kroger peanuts — marked down to $0.89
- Sirloin Steak — marked down to $4.40
- 1 bag of cucumbers — marked down to $0.99
- Strawberries — $1.50
- 2 cans of Kroger soup — $0.79 each
- 1 bag of lemons — marked down to $0.99
- Bananas — marked down to $0.39/lb. = $0.71
- Tyson Frozen Chicken — $6.99
- 2 cans of salmon — marked down to $1.99 each
- Package of Kind Breakfast Bars — marked down to $0.99
- 2 cans of green beans — marked down to $0.29 each
- Simple Truth organic seltzer water — marked down to $0.99 each
- 2 boxes of Rice-a-Roni — marked down to $0.49 each
- Kroger taco seasoning — marked down to $0.19
- Total with tax: $41.96
I was excited about the Weekend Deals at Kroger this week and am going back to hit some of the others on Monday!
Kroger Shopping Trip #2
- Salad Kit — $1.99
- Nature Valley Granola Bar — marked down to $0.69
- Kroger eggs — marked down to $1.29
- Annie’s Mac & Cheese — marked down to $0.59 each
- Capri Sun — marked down to $0.69
- JIF Peanut Butter — marked down to $0.89
- 3 packages of Smithfield Bacon — $2.99 each with Weekend Deals
- Kind bar — Free with Free Friday coupon
- Creamed Corn — $0.99
- Kroger Green Beans — $0.59
- 5 Lara Bars — $0.50 each with Weekend Deals
- Franks Red Hot Sauce — Well, I thought this was supposed to be $0.99 with the Kroger Weekend Deals but as I was typing this up, I realized that I think I actually paid $2.99 for this!! Now I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth taking back to the store. Probably not? But I kind of surprised that I didn’t catch that I overpaid for this. 🙁 I usually am really good at carefully checking everything. Here’s another good reason why you should check your receipt really thoroughly before leaving the store!
- Lettuce — $1.79
- Total with tax: $26.18
What We Ate This Past Week
Note: When you see the meals below, please remember this: I buy ahead often. Which means that when I find a great deal on something I know we’ll use, I buy as much as I can afford in our budget to have on hand.
This means that you aren’t going to see all of the groceries my shopping trip that I used to make all of the meals we ate.
Please also remember that I’m putting this out there and it’s not a perfectly balanced menu. This is just really what we ate — and I hope that it encourages you to see the real-ness and lack of perfection here.
- Cereal, Toast, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter & Honey Sandwiches (Silas and Kaitlynn have been loving this for breakfast recently!), Eggs
- Ham Sandwiches, Granola Bars, Yogurt, Capri Sun, Salad, Leftovers, Fruit
- Cookies, Popcorn, Ice Cream, Go-Gurts, Apple Crisp, Fruit, Veggies
- Sunday — Fend For Yourself
- Monday — Slow Cooker Teriyaki Beef with Pineapple over rice, fruit
- Tuesday — Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazzini, green beans
- Wednesday — Breakfast for dinner: Pancakes, sausage, fruit
- Thursday — Barbecue Chicken, Noodles, Fruit
- Friday — Smoked Ribs, Green Beans with bacon/garlic/onion, creamed corn
- Saturday — Leftovers
Total spent on groceries: $68.14
Cashback earned this week: 50 points for submitting my receipts to Fetch rewards